An MEF CE 2.0-certified managed service that lets you connect two sites on the DFA network.
Magellan gives you a comprehensive, fully-managed, end-to-end layer 2 service between two sites on the DFA network. We provide, manage, and maintain all equipment.
Magellan is based on MEF CE 2.0 active Ethernet technologies. The service acts as a replacement for circuit-switched services. You can use it to connect any two of your or your customers’ sites.
|Service types||Point-to-point access Ethernet Private Line (EPL) /
Point-to-point access Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL) /
Point-to-point E-Line Ethernet Private Line (E-Line EPL)
|Coverage||DFA aggregation areas
Sites within predefined proximity to DFA network:
|Access technology||Dedicated Ethernet /
Microwave (PTP and PTMP)
|Non-recurring charge||Access setup
ENNI port setup
|Monthly recurring charge||Last-mile access
|Lease/payment terms||1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 years|
|Equipment||Standard customer premises equipment|
|Interface options||1Gbit/s interface:
|Redundancy||Core network protection
Optional: LAG at ENNI
|Service configuration||End-point bandwidth per service|
|ENNI options||1Gbit/s /
Jumbo frame support
|Service level||4 service levels|
|Monitoring||Layer 2 service monitoring|
Terms and conditions
- DFA does not recommend a bandwidth-contention ratio higher than 10:1.
- ENNI can be in a Zone 1 or Zone 2 Location and subject to DFA feasibility.
- ENNIs are available at DFA points of presence.
- Feasibility may vary depending on selected throughput rate or region.
- For multiple services, DFA will allow a maximum of three VLANs. Additional VLANs are available as customer-specific solutions.
- Limited public-property build included.
- You may split the ENNI bandwidth across multiple ENNIs to get a volume benefit across your entire network. You must specify the bandwidth split across ENNIs when you place your order.
- DFA will provide and manage standard customer premises equipment. DFA will own the equipment.
- For multiple services, DFA will provide customer premises equipment at end-customer premises or multiport customer premises equipment in a shared facility.
- The customer premises equipment carries a warranty of 24 months from date of installation at the customer premises. If you or your end customer damages the customer premises equipment owing to negligence, or if the customer premises equipment is stolen or lost, the replacement cost will be for your account.
- You must ensure that access sites are ready and accessible for DFA to install the equipment.
- You will be responsible for cross connects at the ENNI.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that electricity, earthing, cabinet space, and cooling are ready at the access site by the installation date
- You will be responsible for landlord approvals for any private-property build.
- You will be responsible for the insurance of the customer premises equipment once it has been installed at the end customer’s site.
- DFA will bill access and ENNI port fees in advance.
- DFA will bill all bandwidth services in arrears.
- Access bandwidth upgrades are allowed.
- Access bandwidth downgrades not allowed.
- You may upgrade or downgrade the ENNI bandwidth at any time, but you may not downgrade to a bandwidth lower than that of the initial order.
- You may downgrade a Magellan service only after the end of the initial contract term.
- A configuration fee for downgrades and other configuration changes will apply, which will depend on whether the downgrade must be implemented during office hours or after hours.
- A migration fee for ENNI interface change from 1Gbit/s to 10Gbit/s will apply.
Terminations and cancellations
- The terms and conditions for termination will be stipulated in the commercial agreement.
- An early termination penalty equal to the contract value of the remainder of the term will apply.
- DFA will waive the penalty for an early link termination if you order another Magellan link at the same or a higher contract value as that of the terminated link’s remaining contract term. The following will apply:
- The terminated link will be billed until the new link is built and signed off.
- The new link will have its own full contract term and will be subject to the standard product rules.
- You will need to pay the remaining pro-rata costs for the build, installation, activation, and testing of the new service.
- You will need to pay any third-party costs that DFA may incur as a result of the termination and substitution.
- You will need to pay a connection fee for the new site.
- You will be liable for abortive costs if DFA incurs costs as a result of, among other things, your sites not being ready or you cancelling an order.