Magellan DC-to-DC Connect
With the Magellan Metro DC to DC Connect service, you can get high-speed managed connectivity on predefined express routes between major data centres in metros.
Get cost-effective managed connectivity on long-haul routes that will enable you to expand your network and serve more customers quickly and easily.
|Connectivity options||Active managed connectivity to all major data centres in a metro|
|Non-recurring charge||Connection fee|
|Monthly recurring charge||Monthly lease|
|Lease/payment terms||1, 3, or 5 years
Fixed monthly lease payment
|Optional redundancy||At 50% of monthly recurring charge of primary link|
|Interface options||1Gbit/s /
Larger capacities available in selected cases
|Service level||99.5% availability without redundancy
99.9% availability with redundancy
|Monitoring||Layer 2 service monitoring|
Terms and conditions
- Magellan Metro DC-to-DC Connect provides connectivity to all major data facilities within a metro.
- All orders will be subject to approval from facility owners.
- All orders will be subject to technical and site feasibility.
- DFA will hand off the link to you at the meet-me room or carrier meet-me room at the third-party facilities.
- Any third-party costs, including facilities, power, rack space, and cross connects, will be for your account.
- You may permanently upgrade your Magellan Metro DC-to-DC Connect service to a higher throughput-rate bracket without a penalty and without affecting the contract term.
- You may not downgrade a Magellan Metro DC-to-DC Connect service to a lower bandwidth than that of the initial order.
- A configuration fee for downgrades and other configuration changes will apply, which will depend on whether the downgrade must be implemented during office hours or after hours.
- A diverse link is subject to feasibility.
- A diverse link will be configured as an active-standby connection.
- A connection fee for the diverse link will apply.
Terminations and cancellations
- The terms and conditions for termination will be stipulated in the commercial agreement.
- An early termination penalty equal to the contract value of the remainder of the term will apply.
- DFA will waive the penalty for an early link termination if you order another Magellan Metro DC to DC Connect link at the same or a higher contract value as that of the terminated link’s remaining contract term. The following will apply:
- The terminated link will be billed until the new link is built and signed off.
- The new link will have its own full contract term and will be subject to the standard product rules.
- You will need to pay the remaining pro-rata costs for the build, installation, activation, and testing of the new service.
- You will need to pay any third-party costs that DFA may incur as a result of the termination and substitution.
- You will need to pay a connection fee for the new site.
- You will be liable for abortive costs if DFA incurs costs as a result of, among other things, your sites not being ready or you cancelling an order.