Magellan Access EPL/EVPL
Magellan Access EVPL is an MEF CE 2.0-certified managed service that lets you connect and aggregate multiple sites onto the DFA network.
Magellan Access EPL/EVPL gives you a comprehensive, fully-managed, end-to-end layer 2 service between your network and multiple customer sites on the DFA network. We provide, manage, and maintain all equipment. Magellan Access EPL/EVPL includes secure, private, last-mile access and backhaul capacity that enables you to aggregate your customers’ network traffic in an area and to provide cost-efficient service.
Magellan Access EPL/EVPL is based on MEF CE2.0 active Ethernet technologies. The configuration enables you to divide the cost of the links among multiple end-customer sites. You choose the committed information rate (CIR).
|Bandwidth options||Committed information rate for aggregated traffic
5Mbit/s–100Mbit/s in 5Mbit/s increments
100Mbit/s–500Mbit/s in 50Mbit/s increments
500Mbit/s–1Gbit/s in 100Mbit/s increments
1Gbit/s–5Gbit/s in 1Gbit/s increments
|Self-service features||Automated SLA reports
Online customer portal
API interface for quotes, orders, fault logging, and tracking
|Management features||Three customer-defined classes of service
|Equipment||CPE at end-customer premises (as required)
CPE in datacentre (as required)
|Connectivity features||Jumbo frame support
Link failure propagation
Zero frame loss
Specified max inter-frame delay variation
Specified max frame delay
ENNI configured with support for Q-in-Q
|Once-off connection fees||End-point port connection fee for each end point
ENNI port connection fee
ENNI port fee + ENNI aggregated bandwidth fee + end-point port fees + end-point bandwidth fees
|Lease term||24 months|
|Service level||99.95% availability
Frame loss per class of service
Frame delay per class of service
Inter-frame delay variation per class of service
Terms and conditions
- Aggregation is allowed. Services can terminate in single tenant buildings, multi-tenant buildings or in datacentres.
- Access only includes build distance of 150m in the public domain and 50m in the private domain for locations that have not been accepted and classified for build by DFA. Additional fees will be added per meter for additional public and private property build. All access and spur builds above the specified distances are at DFA’s discretion.
- Individual business cases may be conducted for large scale client requirements.
- Services can be moved or replaced, but not within the first 12 months.
- No bursting above the committed information rate (CIR).
- Prices exclude the cost of the cross connects, if applicable.
- A maximum of 2 VLAN is permitted per bandwidth and access service.
- DFA will provide CPS at end-customer premise, or multiport customer premises equipment in shared facility.
- Recognition for buildings with a high density of services catered for in access MRC rebate.
- Access MRC rebate also applicable for second service for a particular customer in the same building.
- There are three customer-defined classes of service that will be honoured on the access and aggregation interfaces, managed by one service model and price.
- The CoS is classed are CoS1 for signaling traffic, CoS2 for priority traffic, and CoS3 for normal traffic.
- Under congested conditions, higher-priority traffic will be transmitted and lower-priority traffic will be dropped.
- Coverage and feasibility is based on DFA aggregation areas and proximity to network routes per access build distances.
Feasibility is subject to various response times.
- You will need to complete any RFO work.
- DFA will not provide any additional power points, earthing, and cabinet space.
- If, after 12 months of the initial activation, an access service is moved to a building that is already connected to the network, then the contract term runs uninterrupted at the new location.
- If trenching and major RFO work are required at the new location or you need to move the connection within 12 months of the initial activation, then a new 24-month contract with the associated conditions will apply at the new location.
- Not available for CSS solutions.