Last-mile dark-fibre infrastructure that provides unrestricted connectivity between Tachyon aggregation nodes and customer sites.
Helios links connect your customer sites to our Tachyon nodes, enabling you to aggregate traffic onto your core network. Helios infrastructure is normally deployed in a star topology.
|Connectivity options||Tachyon to access site|
|Non-recurring charge||Connection fee|
|Monthly recurring charge||Fixed lease payment|
|Lease/payment terms||24 months|
|Optional redundancy||Diverse link back to smae Tachyon node|
|Access build||Entry into meet-me room at access site
In-building reticulation from meet-me-room to end customer (cost limit)
|Service level||8-hour mean time to repair|
Terms and conditions
- Helios links are available only in the vicinity of DFA PoPs within predefined DFA aggregation areas.
- Helios links cannot cross aggregation-area boundaries.
- Helios links may not terminate in the following types of locations:
- data centres
- peering points
- switching centres that connect to multiple third-party providers
- high sites
- passive aggregation infrastructure
- carrier meet-me rooms.
- If you do not already host equipment in the DFA PoP, a monthly cross-connection fee will apply for every Helios link, if you purchase a Calypte service as backhaul.
- One termination point must always be at a DFA PoP.
- The actual duct distance of a Helios link can extend up to 70 m from the DFA infrastructure to a handhole at the public boundary of the premises that you wish to connect. If you need an actual duct distance of more than 70 metres, the build will be for your account.
- You cannot use a Helios link to connect your
- core nodes to each other
- core nodes to PoPs to aggregate multiple end customers onto one link.
- You may use a Helios link to connect only a single end customer to a DFA PoP. You may not use it to aggregate links to multiple end customers in the same building or adjacent buildings.
- If the building has existing reticulation, DFA will install its own reticulation in accordance with the rules of the landlord.
- Any third-party costs that the landlord may charge will be for your account.
- If the access build and reticulation costs exceed R34,000, the excess will be for your account.
- You will need to install and maintain your own equipment in the DFA PoPs.
- You will need to negotiate landlord permission for fibre entry. DFA will assist where possible.
- If you are ordering a diverse Helios link, you must clearly specify that in your order and indicate the primary Helios link.
- If a second access entry is needed for the diverse link, DFA will cover the build cost subject to feasibility rules.
- Standard Helios feasibility rules apply to diverse links.
Terminations and cancellations
- The terms and conditions for termination will be stipulated in the commercial agreement.
- An early termination penalty equal to the contract value of the remainder of the term will apply.
- DFA will waive the penalty for an early link termination if you order another Helios link at the same or a higher contract value as that of the terminated link’s remaining contract term. The following will apply:
- The terminated link will be billed until the new link is built and signed off.
- The new link will have its own full contract term and will be subject to the standard product rules.
- You will need to pay the remaining pro-rata costs for the build, installation, activation, and testing.
- You will need to pay any third-party costs that DFA may incur as a result of the termination and substitution.
- After the initial 24-month contract expires, you need to give 30 days’ notice before terminating a Helios link.
- You will be liable for abortive costs if DFA incurs costs as a result of, among other things, your sites not being ready or you cancelling an order.
Volume order options
With Helios Density you can pay a lower monthly recurring charge on additional Helios links to the same site. The lower charge is based on the volume of additional links that you order.
Terms and conditions
In addition to the standard Helios product rules, the following will apply:
- DFA will apply the lower charge to additional Helios links to the same site and access infrastructure as your first Helios link.
- You cannot use a Helios link as a diverse link for another Helios link.
- DFA will get landlord approval.
- If you terminate the first link within its initial 24-month contract term, the monthly recurring charge of one of the remaining Helios Density links will change to the standard full cost of the first link.
Helios Volume gives you the option to commit to a volume order with a ramp-up. The links that are part of the volume order will have a lower monthly recurring charge.